Mr. Rea is a Member of the firm's Litigation Department. Mr. Rea specializes in the areas of eminent domain, real estate valuation, easements and rights-of-way, land use and zoning, construction and commercial litigation. Mr. Rea also provides criminal defense representation and consultation. He has significant experience litigating in Arizona state and Federal courts and in private arbitration matters.
Prior to joining the firm in 2000, Mr. Rea was in private practice with a Phoenix law firm specializing in litigation matters. Mr. Rea also served in the Maricopa County Attorney's Office and the City of Phoenix Prosecutor's Office. Mr. Rea has lived in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area since 1969.
- Representation of a major utility in the acquisition of property for electrical substation sites and transmission line rights-of-way.
- Representation of property owners in condemnation actions by local, state and federally-authorized condemning agencies and entities, including redevelopment, highway and roadway improvement and rail improvement projects.
- Representation of an irrigation and water conservation district in well-site and irrigation facility right-of-way acquisitions and property disputes.
- Representation of property owners involved in natural gas pipeline condemnation and construction projects in Arizona and New York.
- Representation of a national engineering/construction and consulting firm in litigation arising from the design and construction of a municipal waste water treatment facility.
- Representation of professional engineering firms involved in commercial and residential improvement projects, including defense of negligent design claims.
- Representation of property owners and other interested parties zoning and development code actions and disputes.
- Representation of commercial and residential contractors in construction defect and payment disputes.
Board of Directors, Scottsdale Unified School District Foundation (2013)
Arcadia Little League, Board of Directors, 2008 - Present
Valley Forward Association, Board of Directors, 2008 - 2011
Fiesta Bowl Committee Member, 1998 - 2002
Honors, Appointments & Awards
State Bar of Arizona
Trial Practice Section, Member
Maricopa County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1992
J.D., Arizona State University College of Law, 1992
B.S., Texas Christian University, Economics, 1989