Mr. Spilsbury has more than 39 years of experience in the practice of law. He is a Member of the firm's Corporate and Business Law Department, the Securities and Finance Law Department and the Health Care Practice Group, focusing his practice on health care law and finance, underwriters' counsel services, corporate law and commercial transactions.
- Counsel to 501(c)(3) hospital system on general matters, including joint ventures, commercial and tax-exempt financings, purchase and sale of skilled nursing homes, and compliance with Master Indenture.
- Counsel to nonprofit continuing care retirement community.
- Underwriters' counsel/disclosure counsel/borrower counsel on various tax-exempt healthcare and 501(c)(3) financings.
- Borrower’s counsel on large institutional credit facilities.
- Seller’s counsel on sale of skilled nursing facility.
- Trustee’s counsel in municipal finance transactions.
Honors, Appointments and Awards
American Health Lawyers Association
State Bar of Arizona
Securities Section, Member
Business Section, Member
American Bar Association
Health Law Section, Member
Admitted to Practice
- Arizona, 1981
- Ohio, 1972, Inactive
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1981
J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 1972
College of Law Scholarship
B.A., Brigham Young University, 1969