Jennings Strouss maintains a substantial practice in the area of surety law. The firm's surety lawyers have more than 100 years combined experience representing surety clients throughout Arizona and the Southwest. Our lawyers have unparalleled expertise in providing our surety clients with representation and guidance on all surety-related matters including:
- Bond Claim Investigation
- Project Default Investigation
- Project Completion
- Negotiation of Financing Arrangements, Workouts, and Security Agreements
- Takeover and Tenders
- Pursuing Defaulting Bond Principals and Indemnitors for Quia Timet and other Indemnity Related Relief
- Protection of Surety's Interest in Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Litigation, Arbitration, Mediation, and Appeals
Our lawyers have served as counsel of record for surety clients in federal trial and bankruptcy courts, state trial courts and appellate courts, and arbitrations throughout the entire Southwest.
In addition to serving the surety industry in leadership roles, our attorneys frequently publish and lecture to local and national audiences on a broad variety of surety-related topics.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Jennings Strouss strongly believes that, in certain circumstances, the best means of resolving a conflict is by utilizing alternative dispute resolution. Our lawyers frequently resolve surety claims in a cost-efficient manner by participating in mediation or arbitration. Our substantial experience in this area is recognized by our peers, who often choose our lawyers to act as the arbitrator or mediator in resolving their clients' disputes.
Our reputation for excellence is well known throughout the surety industry. The firm's lawyers are actively involved as members, officers and directors of many surety and insurance defense organizations, including the:
- American Bar Association's Fidelity & Surety Law Committee (FSLC)
Current and format FSLC leaders include Jay Mann (vice chair) and Dick Wisner (past chair and 2006 recipient of the FSLC's Lifetime Achievement Award)
- National Bond Claims Association
- Surety Claims Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Surety Association of Arizona