Jennings, Strouss & Salmon has a rich history of representing the business needs of electric, hydroelectric, natural gas, water, and telecommunication utilities, public power and investor-owned utilities, and large end-users of electric power and natural gas. The firm provides a rare combination of a comprehensive Washington D.C.-based energy practice, broad experience in state and local regulatory and legislative issues, technical and analytical expertise, and the capability to handle the business needs of its energy and utility clients.
We understand that today's complex legal, financial and regulatory environment often requires multi-dimensional solutions to the challenges faced by businesses and utilities. We can use our engineering and broad legal experience to interact and coordinate with the client staff members, consultants, and support personnel to achieve effective and workable outcomes.
- Regional Transmission Organization (“RTO”) energy market expertise, including operational strategies and approaches, energy market tariff matters, and overall implementation and interpretation
- Assistance with reliability standard compliance, including review and preparation of compliance and mitigation plans
- Electric generating resource acquisition, including screening analysis and review and negotiation of supply and ownership agreements
- Energy market and transmission service-related overviews for state regulatory commissions and consumer advocate groups
- Bulk electric power supply agreement review, analysis and negotiations
- Transmission and interconnection agreement negotiations
- Transmission expansion system planning, cost recovery mechanisms and pricing proposal consulting