Scott Rhodes will be a speaker at the upcoming State Bar of Arizona CLE titled Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls: Navigating the Ethics Rules. Below is the list of items that will be covered in the presentation.
Top Ten List
- What is the scope of representation and why is it important?
- What are your duties to prospective clients?
- How, when and why do you need to communicate with your clients?
- What do the new rules say regarding communicating with clients about fees?
- What is most likely to get you a bar complaint?
- What, if any, changes have been made to the rule about confidentiality?
- How do you know when you have a conflict?
- What do you have to do upon termination of representation?
- Trust accounts-what is expected under the new rules?
- What are the most common types of bar complaints?